Message from the President: 2020 Virtual Meeting Updates
To the ISEH Community:
Dear friends and colleagues,
I hope that you all have remained well during these unprecedented times. Over the last few months, our international scientific community has faced concerns over funding, lab shut-downs and re-opening plans, staying connected to lab members and the broader scientific community, and more recently social unrest. In light of all of this, I am truly impressed with our ingenuity and dedication to staying connected and abreast of the latest science. New avenues to view and present our research stories have grown out of necessity in this pandemic. Now, more than ever, our members are seeking an inclusive community to share with and learn from one another.
In this spirit, I am excited to share some new details for our first Virtual ISEH 2020 Annual Scientific Meeting, which will take place on 19-21 August 2020.
Our three-day ISEH 2020 Annual Scientific Meeting will include live broadcasts twice daily to maximize opportunities for members around the world to view live sessions. Sessions will also be available on-demand for further view for a limited time following the meeting. It will feature:
- Lectures from our 2020 Award Winners: Harvey Lodish (Donald Metcalf Award), Mark Dawson (McCulloch & Till Award), and Jennifer Trowbridge (Janet Rowley Award). You do not want to miss these lectures.
- Presentations and live Q&A from the top international hematology experts: Featuring plenary and selected abstract speakers from all career stages, as well as enhanced e-poster presentations. The Call for Abstracts is still open and will be extended to 25 June 2020.
- Cutting-edge science: Unpublished scientific data is a hallmark of ISEH. We are taking every possible precaution to ensure that content is secure and to help our presenters feel comfortable sharing the latest and greatest science.
- Enhanced networking: At ISEH, we’re excited to try out new virtual avenues for connection. Throughout the meeting, we will help you connect with colleagues via chat features, extended Q&A sessions, small meetings with speakers, and more.
- Developing junior investigators: Support of junior investigators is a pillar of ISEH. We are proud to bring you many of our new investigator activities in 2020, including our career and technology sessions. Additionally, we hope to build in new opportunities for junior investigators to connect with senior scientists in the field, including an option for eligible abstract authors to select senior investigators in the society to view and provide feedback on their posters.
Registration for the virtual meeting is now open. You can learn more by visiting www.iseh.org/Virtual2020. With our dramatically reduced registration rates for 2020, we hope to provide an opportunity for students, young investigators, and senior scientists around the world to engage with us.
So no hesitations, book the time, register, submit an abstract, and we are much looking forward to seeing you all online in August.